Goat Cheese Ravioli
For The Pasta Dough
2 cups all purpose flour
3 large, fresh eggs
8 oz. fresh goat cheese
1 large egg
1 teaspoon salt and pepper
1/3 cup thinly sliced shallots
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup white wine
2 tablespoons of Mushroom-Sage Infused Olive Oil
2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
Salt & Pepper Salt Cellar Salt
1. Whisk together the ingredients for the filling and set aside. Mix the pasta dough and roll pasta sheets using a pasta machine or as thin as possible by hand with a rolling pin. Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to boil.
2. Carefully place a heaping teaspoon of filling in rows down the center of the bottom pasta sheet, allowing for at least 1" of space around each mound of filling. Wet the edges around the filling with water and lay a second sheet on top. Seal the edges of each ravioli thoroughly and cut into individual raviolis. Place finished raviolis on a dry, clean towel or parchment paper.
3. Once all the raviolis are assembled, in a large sauté pan sauté the thinly sliced shallots in mushroom sage extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Begin to boil the raviolis in small batches for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes per batch. Flip them to cook on both sides.
4. Remove the thoroughly drained raviolis to a large serving bowl. Allow the shallots to become golden. When the shallots become golden and caramelized add the white wine and reduce by half. Add the cream and simmer for an additional minute whisking to combine. Season the sauce with salt and fresh ground pepper.
5. Pour the warm cream sauce over the raviolis and toss. Serve immediately and enjoy!