Neapolitan Herb Marinated Tofu
1/4 cup Neapolitan Herb Dark Balsamic Vinegar
2 tablespoons Gravenstein Apple White Balsamic Vinegar
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
4-5 cloves garlic, chopped small
1 block (350 grams) extra firm tofu
1 tablespoon Delizia Roasted Walnut Oil
salt and pepper to taste
sesame seeds for garnish
1. Remove moisture from tofu, wrap tofu in a couple layers of paper towel and press or place a heavy pot or cast iron skillet and let it sit for 15 minutes so that paper towel may soak up the moister.
2. In a small bowl whisk together the balsamic vinegars, garlic, Italian spice and set aside.
3. Now slice the tofu and cut into cubes. Place the tofu in a large freezer bag with the marinade, making sure it is all coated. Squeeze the excess air out, seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight - longer is better.
4. After 30 minutes strain the tofu and reserve the marinade.
5. Heat up a large non-stick skillet / pan on medium high heat with the Walnut oil. Once hot add the tofu and distribute evenly in the pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes without touching so a crust forms. Flip and cook an additional 3 minutes or so, careful not to burn the garlic. If you find the pan to hot turn it down to medium heat.
6. Remove from heat and add the reserved marinade, stirring until evaporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste, garnish with sesame seeds.
7. Serve over rice or vegetables.